03 May, 2015
Search The Scriptures — Study 08 — Acts 4:32-5:16
Study 08 From The book of Acts Is: 4:32-5:16
In this insight into the fellowship of the early church the sincere self-sacrifice of Barnabas is compared with the hypocrisy and greed of Ananias and Sapphira.
1. In 4:32-37 what essentials of fellowship are demonstrated? See one result of them in verse 33.
2. What made the sin of Ananias and Sapphira so grave and what led to it? Why was such a divine judgement necessary? What result did it produce?
3. What example can you follow from the action of Barnabas and what danger can you avoid from the attitude of Ananias and Sapphira?
1. 5:4. This verse shows that the giving spoken of in 4:34-37 was entirely voluntary.
2. 5:9 ‘Tempt: the word means to put God to the test, to challenge or provoke Him. Cf. Ex. 17:2,7; Acts 15:10