Social Media Buttons - Click to Share this Page




19 February, 2015

Though He Tarry Wait For Him (Whatever the reason He puts you on a waiting mode, however long He decided)


Though He Tarry Wait For Him (Whatever the reason He puts you on a waiting mode, however long He decided)

When I was not a good Christian (I had Christ in my intellect, but not my heart) I used to talk about Abraham  in a way that I can now see as being self-righteous, and I could not understand how he made a mess of things by having Ishmael.  Now that I have been waiting for God for almost a decade, I understand his dilemma.  Through the waiting process, even though you might be doing everything right in the way that you are waiting for Him, but I find that at one point, the promise is almost like a blur. If you do not watch yourself, you will actually take matters into your hands, not because you set out to disobey.  Through the waiting process your soul is completed worn out and it spills out through the exterior life. It is so bad that you want to do something drastic to get out of the funk that you are in.

But, I also understand why God will judge us more harshly if we do not wait. (1) Like Paul said in Romans 15:4 ‘ For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us’, then we must learn from them and think of the detrimental consequences of not waiting.  If there are no detrimental consequences, then, God would not be God. (2) I find that even though the promise is so distant and you are having a hard time holding onto the reality of it, but, when you try to put words into God’s mouth which ultimately changes things around and lead you to sin against Him. Through all the noise and the confusion, you can still hear the still small voice of the Holy Spirit asking you to guard your heart, right this minute. I find when this happens, the best thing for me to do is to not even try to decipher what is real and what is not.  Strangely, as you decide to give in to the Spirit’s warning, you find rest and strength for the moment. 

When I compare myself to Abraham, I know he was hundreds time a better man because he was like a Guinea pig and had nothing to fall back on. I am sealed with the Spirit of God and I have materials available to me that I would never be able to go through in my lifetime.  So, when I look at the problem this way, I cannot help asking myself, what’s my excuse not to wait?

Thanks for allowing me to rant, it has been very therapeutic…


No comments:

Post a Comment