27 February, 2017
Search The Scriptures —Study 1 — Habakkuk 1:1- 2:5
Study 1 From the Book of Habakkuk is: Habakkuk 1:1- 2:5
1. What is the prophet’s first complaint, and what is to Habakkuk God’s strange answer? 1:2-4, 5:11.
2. What further problem does this raise in the prophet’s mind, and what answer is he given? See 1:12-17 and 2:2-5.
3. What course of action does 2:1 suggest that the Christian should adopt when perplexed at God’s dealings? Cf. 73:16, 17; Mi 7:7. Are you faithful in this way?
1. 1-7b. The Chaldeans so called ‘justice and dignity’ are arbitrary and self determined.
2. 2:2. God’s answer is to be written down plainly so that it may be read at a glance.
3. 2:4, 5. God’s answer is in tow parts (a) The arrogant Chaldean, whose soul is not upright, shall fail and pass away. Cf. Is. 2:12-17. (b) The righteous man will endure. He will live by his faith, a faith inspired by God’s faithfulness, which keeps him steadfast. The profound truth here expressed is seen in its full significance in the gospel of Christ. Cf. Rom. 1:16, 17.