- Verse 8. “Who gives his Holy Spirit to you”: the indwelling Holy Spirit is the seal of God’s ownership, the evidence that we are His. Cf. Eph. 1:13; Rom. 8:9b. It is by the power of the Spirit that we overcome the flesh Cf. Gal. 5:16.
- Verses 11, 12. Cf. 2 Thes. 3:10-12; Eph. 4:28.
- Verses 1-12. Notice the repeated emphasis in the verses, not only on upright behaviour, but on the need to advance and progress in the thing of God.
05 August, 2015
Search The Scriptures —Study 4 — 1 Thessalonians 4
1. Verses 1-12. What aims and aspects of Christian living are emphasized in these verses? Why should we so live? And what
2. makes such a standard of living possible for us?
3. Verses 13-18. In what ways do these words on the Lord’s return bring comfort? State in your won words what Paul says will happen. On what grounds can we be sure of your share in such a wonderful hope?