Social Media Buttons - Click to Share this Page




21 September, 2022

THE OVERCOMING LIFE--By D. L. MOODY--PART III. RESULTS OF TRUE REPENTANCE-SEVEN “I WILLS” OF CHRIST.

 

6. The “I Will” of Resurrection.

Then there is another I will in John, sixth chapter, verse forty; it occurs four times in the chapter: “I will raise him up at the last day.”


I rejoice to think that I have a Savior who has power over death. My blessed Master holds the keys to him, and I got more comfort out of that promise “I will raise him up at the last day,” than anything else in the Bible. How it cheered me! How it lighted up my path! And as I went into the room and looked upon the lovely face of that brother, how that passage ran through my soul: “Thy brother shall rise again.” I said, “Thank God for that promise.” It was worth more than the world to me.


When we laid him in the grave, it seemed as if I could hear the voice of Jesus Christ saying, “Thy brother shall rise again.” The blessed promise of resurrection! Blessed “I will!” “I will raise him up at the last day.”

7. The “I Will” of Glory.

Now the next I will is in John, seventeenth chapter, twenty-fourth verse: “Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am.”


This was in His last prayer in the guest chamber, on the last night before He was crucified and died that terrible death on Calvary. Many a believer’s countenances begin to light up at the thought that he shall see the King in His beauty by and by. Yes, there is a glorious day before us in the future. Some think that on the first day we are converted we have got everything. To be sure, we get salvation for the past and peace for the present; but then there is the glory for the future in store. That’s what kept Paul rejoicing. He said, “These light afflictions, these few stripes, these few brickbats and stones that they throw at me—why, the glory that is beyond excels them so much that I count them as nothing, nothing at all, so that I may win Christ.” 

And so, when things go against us, let us cheer up; let us remember that the night will soon pass away, and the morning dawn upon us. Death never comes there. It is banished from that heavenly land. Sickness, and pain, and sorrow, come not there to mar that grand and glorious home where we shall be by and by with the Master. God’s family will be all together there. Glorious future, my friends! Yes, a glorious day! and it may be a great deal nearer than many of us think. During these few days we are here let us stand steadfast and firm, and by and by we shall be in the unbroken circle in the yon world of light and have the King in our midst.



No comments:

Post a Comment