15 June, 2016
Search The Scriptures —Study 2 — 1 Peter 1: 13-2:3
Study 2 From the Book of 1 Peter is: 1 Peter 1: 13-2:3
1. What has God provided to make possible (a) our redemption, (b) our birth, and (c) our growth to full salvation? What response is necessary on our part to enjoy the benefits divinely intended for us?
2. In what ways ought our new God-given life as Christians to be expressed? What changes or new standards should characterize our daily living?
1. 1:17. 'With fear' i.e., 'with reverence and awe'. Cf. Heb. 12:28.
2. 1:17. 'Your exile': i.e., your temporary sojourning in a place to which you no longer belong. Cf.. 2:11.
3. 1:19. 'Blood' here signifies blood shed or life laid down, in sacrificial death.
4 2:2. 'Spiritual milk': in Greek the adjective is logikos. 'Logical' milk suggests food for the mind rather than the stomach. Mention in 1:23 of the divine 'logos' or 'word' suggests a further reference here to the same divine agent, the 'milk of the word'.